This simple quote from author Bob Goff about covers it for today, doesn’t it? If my words and actions today truly reflect grace and love – wow. What a good day today will have been.
- Walking in love today means I will live by the standard of love toward others and myself. On any given day I find myself being good at one of these and maybe not so much the other. How about you?
- Walking in love means being present today. Am I too hurried to be loving in the here and now to others? To myself?
- Walking in love means I need to stop criticizing other and myself. As in number one above – on any given day I find myself being okay at one of these…
- Walking in love means today I will build up others and myself. If you see something that looks good to you, point it out to the person. Do you like the color of the shirt someone is wearing? Tell that person. Is someone’s desk impressively organized? Let her know. This includes giving yourself those positive accolades.
- Walking in love means talking the talk today. When we walk the walk and talk the talk we are truly enhancing harmony around us.
As to living in grace, I think of unmerited favor. What does unmerited favor look like during the day?
- Even in the midst of a long hard day, I will show grace by not getting angry or frustrated with others (or with myself, for that matter).
- I will give more grace (forgiveness). Why? Because I’ve been given grace (forgiveness).
- I will show grace by embracing the outcast. In conversations today, I will draw someone from the periphery into the conversation. When I’m walking down the street, I will greet someone who I don’t know or by the looks of the person may not want to know. I may be the only grace that person experiences today.
- When I need to speak a truth that is difficult, I will season it with grace. I don’t know where I read this but I think of “let your sweet reasonableness be known to all people”. Today I will be sweetly reasonable.
- Grace is patient. I don’t know about you but this is a difficult one for me, especially with my children. I don’t want to give/show grace by being patient when it looks to me like blatant inaction on his/her part. I want answers quickly. Grace is not only patient but is not controlling. I will be patient and not controlling today.
I will give grace today because it was given to me. I will love because I have been loved.